I was stoked last night when I got a notification from Kristi over at Making it in the Mountains, saying that she had nominated me for an award. I didn’t know what it was but was excited to check it out! The Liebster Award, as I learned after much reading and googling, is an award that helps new bloggers connect and recognize one another. Thank you Kristi!!
It’s given by new bloggers to other new bloggers and it looks like there have been a variety of rules over the years. I’m going to follow the rules that Kristi used which are the following:
:: answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you
:: keep the ball rolling and nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less
:: post 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
:: tag your nominees and be sure to leave a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been nominated
Here are the 11 questions that Kristi asked me!
1. How long have you been blogging?
I began back in August on Tumblr, but it was more for myself and I really didn’t network or get into the whole blogging community. Once the weather started getting colder, I took a break due to a lack of work space. In February, I realized I needed to stop making excuses and get back into it! I joined wordpress and truly began my blogging journey, officially on February 18.
2. What made you decide to start your own blog?
My hubs and I got married in July and I crafted EVERYTHING for our wedding. I got really into it, and once it was over I needed a new outlet for my creativity. I’m a big fan of all the vintage and shabby chic painted furniture out there but totally can’t afford it. I figured if other people were making and selling it, so could I!
3. What is your favorite thing to write about?
I stick to painted furniture and DIY projects. My favorite things to write about are the ones that have great stories behind them. Whether it was a struggle I faced and overcame during the process, or something funny that happened when I was out getting supplies. When I get to share personal experiences, I feel like I do my best writing.
4. Do you have a day job in addition to blogging?
I’m a full time Graphic Designer and I’m grateful I get to express my creativity in the workplace as well as my blog!
5. If you could pick any other city to live in, where would it be?
Oh boy, that’s a tough one. Right now I would say anywhere but here because I just want to escape the never ending winter!
6. What’s your favorite blog?
7. Does anyone in your personal life know that you blog?
My family and most of my friends! They have all been amazing supporters of my blog!
8. Where do you see your blog in one year?
I want to figure out my style a little bit more. Right now, I’m inspired by so much and just want to stay true to myself and find the right vibe for my home and life 🙂 I hope to have a great group of followers that I can continue to inspire with my creativity.
9. Three favorite online shopping websites.
etsy for crafts/jewelry (and pretty much anything, let’s be honest)
polyvore for clothes
joss and main for home decor
10. From who, what or where does your blogging inspiration come?
My inspiration comes from everywhere. Everyday life, the internet, my work. It’s hard not to be inspired when there is so much talent and beauty out there.
11. What is the best thing about you?
I’m adventurous and not afraid to try something new. If I see something or think of something I want to make, it’s going to happen 🙂 Once I have an idea, there’s no stopping me.
Ok, now for my questions for my nominees:
1. When did you start blogging?
2. What was your biggest fear when you first started?
3. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
4. If you could be a contributor to one blog, which would it be?
5. If you had unlimited funds and could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. Who is the most influential person in your life?
8. What is one thing you’ve failed at and how did it make you stronger?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. Who is your favorite musician?
11. What other hobbies do you have outside of blogging?
I’m super excited about all the newbs I found and hope they will all accept this award and pass it on! Here are the 11 blogs I am nominating:
I hope everyone I’ve nominated will take the time to check out and follow not only me, but the other nominees as well. We all know it’s hard to establish yourself as a blogger in the beginning so let’s show some support and keep this thing alive! If you do decide to accept this award, then please link back to this post and pass it along to 11 newbies and come up with your own set of questions. This is a great opportunity to find others out there who are in the same position and offer some encouragement. I mean who doesn’t like being nominated for an award?! It’s a great way to discover new talent and make new friends!
I want to thank Kristi again for nominating me and including me in this great opportunity. I’ve already come across some amazing blogs that I’m looking forward to following.
Have a great rest of the week everyone!